Sunday, March 27, 2011
Goa
I went to the Goa beach town and Mumbai this weekend. Goa has been my favorite so far, it's more relaxing and people don't bother you as much as a tourist. The best food I've had is there too because it's fresh seafood and not spicy. I had their local fish for lunch, king fish which is good. I had it with a sweet, coconut based sauce at a beach restaurant and was sitting right in front of a palm tree and the ocean. I got a good picture from my view. For dinner, I walked to another beach restaurant called Zeebop by the sea and had the Goan speciality, grilled fish with butter and garlic, very good and had a salty kick. I had it with "chips" aka french fries and basmati rice. I did sightseeing of churches and temples. It is a unique town because they were colonized by the Portugeuese and are mostly Catholic. I also found a place that does elephant rides, and only $13. They took a lot of photos of me on the elephant with my camera. I've only let 2 people use my camera for me because they're guides, so they won't run away with it. I wouldn't give it to anyone else. After morning sightseeing, I did afternoon beaches. The Indian tourist Colva beach was for adventure sports and was crowded and tacky. But I walked 20 minutes down to Benaulim beach and it is only with a few foreigners and very picturesque. I went into the ocean near my hotel and the water is very warm. I walked on the beaches too saw fishing boats. Women here go in the water fully clothed in their saris, while fat European men go in gross speedos aka banana-hammocks. The water wasn't as blue as I thought it would be, maybe because it's the Arabian Sea and not the Indian Ocean. I'll write about Mumbai next time, complete opposite enivronment of Goa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment