Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekend exploring

On my birthday I treated myself to some shopping since I haven't done any since I got here. I went to Barney's Co-op section in Beverly Hills and Alice+Olivia, but didn't see anything. I went to an outdoor shopping mall in Century City that had Cusp and Madewell. A lot of the malls here are outdoors, which make sense b/c it hardly rains. It rained a little yesterday and people were slow and freaking out on the road. Madewell had a good sale and I got a white chino blazer for only $30 and a white vest for $40. I really liked the vest but one of the gold buttons already fell off! So I'll have to sew that back on. And I got Macaroni Grill's seafood linguini to go b/c I had a huge craving for it. I'm cooking steamed fish with lemon and cilantro and sauteeing broccolini with spring onions tonight. And using the rice cooker that TY and Lanny got me!


I had to network at my work reception, but it actually did some good b/c I talked to a girl on the Warner Brothers project and she said soon there will be a lot of roles open. That would be really cool if I got on that project, that's one of the reasons I wanted to live here, to good media & entertainment projects.
Went to a Thousand Oaks, CA sample sale on Saturday, which is 45 minutes up north passing through Malibu. I saw a lot of surfers sitting on their boards waiting for waves in Malibu. Then I drove through this huge canyon which was a little scary b/c it was curvy and had cliffs. It was pretty though. Thousand Oaks pretty much has nothing and the sale sucked, but it was good to see another part of SoCal. They had knock-off Marc Jacobs bags, and for a second I was excited.

I window-shopped in Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd on Sunday. It has cute boutiques that are hippyish, eco-friendly, but expensive. But I guess all boutiques are pricey. A lot of people biking in Venice, which is next to where I live. I'm gonna take a photo of every neighborhood I explore. Below is Venice:




1 comment:

Lanny said...

yo gurl you gotsta "network" in the clubs, fo real doe