Friday, November 14, 2008

West Hollywood and Daniel Vosovic

This blog is a little late but awhile ago I went to West Hollywood because I saw this online sale for Revolve clothing and noticed their one store is on Melrose Ave. Marc Jacobs is down the block too so I went to their accessories store. The store definitely does not have as much as they do online, it's like those minimal boutiques. So I got cute wedges online that were also in Lucky mag b/c they have free shipping and returns http://www.luckymag.com/shopping/blogs/shop/2008/11/well-heeled.html. The Marc Jacobs store is on the right with the building covered in green leaves. Herve Leger is to the left.



I also got J. Crew pumps in store and if you show them your student ID, you get 15% off, just like Madewell in patent blanched almond http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/shoes/heels/PRDOVR~96716/96716.jsp. So now I'm not allowed to shop anymore for awhile. Except there is an Ella Moss sample sale this weekend, hmm. That's how I decide which neighborhoods to visit, where sales are, although I usually just window shop.
I went to see Daniel Vosovic at FIDM for his book signing and lecture. I wanted to get a photo with him but you had to buy his book so I nixed that. I listened to his lecture though, it was about his life story, what he's been doing since, and design career advice b/c most of the audience were very trendy FIDM kids. He didn't talk much about Project Runway unless someone asked him a question about it. Sweet P was there to listen to Daniel b/c she lives in LA and she answered some questions at the end. The photo is small, but Daniels in the front with a grey sweater and black tie and Sweet P is sitting next to him in the purple shirt.




All-American Rejects and the Donnas had a concert that was only $15 last week! But I didn't read about it until this week so that sucked. Paramore's playing at Hot Topic for some kind of Twiilight promotion, but you had to buy a special edition t-shirt and it sold out I think. It was $30 anyways, but maybe I'll just go to see if the paid part was just to get an autograph. It's true, whenever I hear that Twiilight song, it sounds like Flyleaf, which is not good. That movie is really hyped up, I might go see it or try the first book if the movie gets good reviews. And I want to see Bolt next week, $5 first weekend showings at the theatre down the block!

No comments: